2019년 3월 31일 일요일

Useful Expressions_ Summer to Die(Lois Lowry)




  • Better to know what your enemy is before you front him.
  • Something like that doesn't diminish with age.
  • I lost my enthusiasm for a lot of things when Margaret...
  • What could I possibly do in return?
  • We will set up a regular schedule for lessons.
  • Age is meaningless commodity in most instances.
  • Genius disregards the boundaries of propriety.
  • Genius is permitted to shout if shouting is productive.
  • She didn't like being reminded of her problems.
  • The middle button was pulled sideways by her stomach, and it was going to pop off very soon.
  • The sun had gotten lower in the sky, and as it came through the windows it fell on Maria.
  • Molly lagged behind Will and me.
  • I just have to learn to adjust to what they change to.
  • I stirred the last soggy rice krispies in the bottom of my bowl.
  • My father winced.
  • They might as well be prepared.
  • The other photograph was of her bent head, with what was left of her curly hair falling down over her face.
  • I talked her into letting me help Ben with the rest of the laundry.
  • Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to.
  • It's nice just to have someone to blame, even if it has to be yourself.
  • We all say things we're sorry for.
  • How can I learn if I don't take risks?
  • He hadn't gotten any better since the last time we did it.
  • His life is ending at the very moments of its beginning.
  • Your dreams come out of what is real.
  • It takes all the courage I have to deal with those.
  • It's easier for the little things, to be able to laugh at them. It makes life seem pretty simple, and a lot of fun.









댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기