- www.shmoop.com - book summary
- www. wordcount.org - 얼마나 단어가 많이 쓰이는지 알수 있음.
- www.usingenglish.com - ask teacher (탭클릭하면 됨)
- ICQ(instruction checking question) CCQ(Concept checking question)
- www.elllo.org - authentic English (듣기 +script)
- www.voki.com - 링컨 녹음
- www.ttsdemo.com - 사람모습 녹음
- schoolhouse rock subtitle (다양한 문법관련 노래 나옴) -youtube
2019년 4월 4일 목요일
2019년 4월 2일 화요일
Wed. 20th. 2019
1. sarcasm ; bitter of negative sounding irony
2. Irony is where the intended meaning is the opposite of the literal meaning.
It actually means the opposite of what it seems to say.
3. fix up - to arrange a blind date for single friends
4. It's all Greek to me - I don't understand what they are saying.
1. Chum radio station
2. Canada singer (Post malone)- better now
3. slacker (person who doesn't want to get a job, avoids work or effort. )millenials
4. www.rottentomatoes.com (영화 비평사이트)
2019년 3월 31일 일요일
- Better to know what your enemy is before you front him.
- Something like that doesn't diminish with age.
- I lost my enthusiasm for a lot of things when Margaret...
- What could I possibly do in return?
- We will set up a regular schedule for lessons.
- Age is meaningless commodity in most instances.
- Genius disregards the boundaries of propriety.
- Genius is permitted to shout if shouting is productive.
- She didn't like being reminded of her problems.
- The middle button was pulled sideways by her stomach, and it was going to pop off very soon.
- The sun had gotten lower in the sky, and as it came through the windows it fell on Maria.
- Molly lagged behind Will and me.
- I just have to learn to adjust to what they change to.
- I stirred the last soggy rice krispies in the bottom of my bowl.
- My father winced.
- They might as well be prepared.
- The other photograph was of her bent head, with what was left of her curly hair falling down over her face.
- I talked her into letting me help Ben with the rest of the laundry.
- Sometimes things don't work out the way you want them to.
- It's nice just to have someone to blame, even if it has to be yourself.
- We all say things we're sorry for.
- How can I learn if I don't take risks?
- He hadn't gotten any better since the last time we did it.
- His life is ending at the very moments of its beginning.
- Your dreams come out of what is real.
- It takes all the courage I have to deal with those.
- It's easier for the little things, to be able to laugh at them. It makes life seem pretty simple, and a lot of fun.
Antarctica is the most remote continent on the planet.
It has 90% of the world's ice, but it's considered desert because the annual rainfall is only about 8 inches.
It has one thing going for it. - 한가지 좋은 점이 있어.
Elsa : I appreciate you're trying to help, but all the things that make my son's everyday life difficult like reading social cues, exchanging small talk all the things I've helped him navigated his entire life, are magnified in dating.
Dating is almost entirely nonverbal communication, and Sam's most literal person I know.
Juliet : There are strategies that I could teach him.
Elsa : Are there strategies for when you get your heart broken?
We're 32 days into his senior year, and he hasn't had any meltdown yet, so I don't want to push him. Relationships are hard enough for neurotypicals. I don't want to put that kind of pressure on my son.
Juliet : There was a study done in Toronto a few years ago. Researchers found that only nine percent of adults with autism are married, not because they lack desire, but because they don't know how to do it. Your son has the same desire to be loved that we all do.
Why shouldn't he pursue it?
Elsa : He's not ready yet.
Juliet : A lot of parents have hard time as their kids become more independent. It's completely natural. So if you ever need someone to talk to, I can refer you to one of my colleagues.
Elsa : That won't be necessary.
💽The trick is knowing when to put my research to use.
💽I am not great at picking up signals.
Casey : You don't have to be friends to do what's right.
You were the one picking on the fat kids.
My sister doesn't let anyone beat me up except herself.
You're crossing the line from flirty to creepy. When you make a eye contact, you have to look away a bit. Otherwise it can seem scary.
Now, that smile, you need to turn that down, like, 70%
Casey : I'm sorry. I don't really date.
It's just not a distraction I need. I'm gonna get a track scholarship and get out of this town.
Evan : Oh, well, fair enough.
I'm probably gonna change your mind about that dating thing, though.
I kind of grow on people.
Girl : I always thought my nose is too big.
Sam : A little, but, the rest of your face makes up for it.
Evan : I just came to see if you changed your mind about going out with me. I brought you this.
Casey : What is up with your family bringing me sweets?
Evan : I don't know. I like you.
Casey : Why?
Evan : 'Cause most people don't stand up to assholes, but you do.
He said penguins are similar to humans, because once they copulate, they stay with the same partner for life.
But according to 2010 census, which is most recent data I could acquire, 49% of marriages end in divorce.
Penguins mate for life.
The woman who ends up with you will be lucky.
You want to be with someone who appreciate you for what you are. You know, who loves all the little odd things about you, who gets you.
When male gentoo penguin chooses a mate, he makes an offering. He finds a pebble, often taking the time to find the smoothest one, and presents it to the female.
If the female places the pebble in her nest, she accepts him as a mate.
2019년 3월 30일 토요일
The Brexit mess is a national embarrassment